The ship repair history at WESTERN SHIPYARD began in 1966, when it was decided upon that a big tonnage ship repair yard was to be built in the southern part of the port, specializing in the construction and the grown of Lithuanian fleet repair. On July 18th 1969, the first ship was already docked for repair.
Our daughter company Western Shiprepair was established in 2003, after a successful diversification of WESTERN SHIPYARD activities.
Design and technical support, repair, maintenance and retrofit of different types of vessels are yards` main activities which are provided at a highest level.
WSY companies involed in the ship repair process:
- Western Baltic Engineering provides complex ship design and engineering solutions;
- Western Piping Systems produces all marine/industrial piping, heat exchanges and ship boilers;
- Wartsila BLRT Estonia – diesel engine, propulsion and auxiliary devices repair service;
- MacGregor BLRT Baltic – hatch cover, RO-RO, ramp and crane repair;
- BLRT ERA – electric installation works;
- Vakarų Metalgama purifies, primes, provides thermal cutting and storage of metal sheets and profiles, prepares and cuts every single detail from the smallest to the biggest one;
- Baltic Premator Klaipeda provides cleaning and painting of ships and metal constructions;
- Western Central Laboratory performs destructive and non-destructive tests of materials, chemical analysis and physical measurements;
- Western Ships Agency – provides agency, chartering and freight forwarding services;
- Vakarų Buitis – cleaning solutions for ship repair and production;
- Vakarų techninė tarnyba – energy services;
- Elme Transportas provides all transport and equipment rental services;
- Elmelit supplies technical equipment and materials.