Manufacturing of high-technology equipment and metal structures
WESTERN CONSTRUCTIONS – a steel fabrication yard located in Klaipeda, delivering for the offshore oil & gas, offshore renewables and civil engineering sector every day.
Our daughter company WESTERN CONSTRUCTIONS was established in 2003, after a successful diversification of WESTERN SHIPYARD activities. During more than 50 years the yard has been going through continuous development, generating experience and accumulating know-how.
As a result, WESTERN CONSTRUCTIONS today is a leading producer of power cable handling and storage systems possesses necessary staff, technology, infrastructure and certifications to carry out projects for clients.
Another subsidiary of WESTERN SHIPYARD GROUP involved in production of metal constructions is WESTERN TECHNOLOGICAL SOLUTIONS. The company was established in 2017, and is focuses on production of stainless steel and aluminium tanks, constructions and pressure vessels for industrial, marine and offshore use and installations. Company’s products are designed for use in the energy sector, chemical, food, agriculture and construction industries.
In 2017, the Norwegian engineering project management company MARINE TECHNOLOGY was acquired by the WESTERN SHIPYARD GROUP. MARINE TECHNOLOGY, established in 1994, is currently one of the world’s leading suppliers of equipment for the transportation of high-voltage off-shore cables. The company offers a wide range of services for concept development, production and implementation of equipment (EPCI), as well as management of engineering projects for oil & gas and renewable energy sectors.
WSY companies involved in the manufacturing of high-technology equipment and metal structures:
- Western Baltic Engineering provides complex ship design and engineering solutions;
- Vakarų Metalgama purifies, primes, provides thermal cutting and storage of metal sheets and profiles, prepares and cuts every single detail from the smallest to the biggest one;
- Baltic Premator Klaipeda provides cleaning and painting of ships and metal constructions;
- Western Central Laboratory performs destructive and non-destructive tests of materials, chemical analysis and physical measurements;
- Western Ships Agency – provides agency, chartering and freight forwarding services;
- Elme Transportas provides all transport and equipment rental services;
- Elmelit supplies technical equipment and materials.